Spartan 500mL Information
Spartan is one of the leading pre-emergent herbicides for the control of Crowsfoot Grass, Summer Grass, Winter Grass, Paspalum and other grassy weeds. Spartan controls susceptible weeds by interfering with cell division in the root tips of newly germinated weeds.
With the active ingredient of Prodiamine (480g/L) in a suspension concentrate, Spartan is suitable for use on Zoysia, Kikuyu, Couch and Buffalo grasses.
Features and Benefits
- Effective against all major annual grass weeds in lawns during summer and winter.
- Season-long control of annual weeds.
- Reduces future weed set and germination.
- Reduces the reliance on costly selective post-emergent herbicides.
- Unscheduled (exempt from poison scheduling).
- Low odour formulation.
- Minimises nutrient and sunlight competition from annual grasses.
- Application compatibility with wetting agents.
The application rate for Spartan is 10-40mL/100sqm. Water in thoroughly after application. 500mL of Spartan can treat up to 1250sqm.
Application of Spartan should occur prior to weed emergence in early spring. Residual control of up to 6 months.
To apply use regular spray equipment with a spray nozzle that produces extreme coarse droplets. Sprayer calibration is recommended. Please adhere to wearing appropriate PPE gear when applying Spartan.
- Prodiamine – 480g/L
- Do NOT blend Spartan onto dry fertiliser or any other granular material.
- Do NOT apply to lawn under stress.
- Do NOT apply to newly laid lawn. Delay application until the lawn’s root system is developed beyond a 3 cm depth.
- Do NOT apply if heavy rain has been forecast within 48 hours.
- Do NOT apply to waterlogged soil.
- Do NOT water to the point of run-off within 3 days of application.
- Do NOT apply through any type of irrigation equipment.
*Please note all prices include GST.
*As with all lawn products please read the label on Spartan first before applying.